Tuesday 4 February 2014

Face Of The Day: Eyes Full Of Shimmer

Lately I have been less afraid to experiment with my eye make-up. Usually I just put a matte brown eye shadow all over my lid and add a few coats of mascara and I’m good to go. Now I have been playing more with shimmery shadows on my upper eyelid, as well as my lower lash line, and have also started using more liquid eyeliner too.

Today I felt inspired by the sunny weather and wore only shimmery shadows on my eyes, black liquid eyeliner and a hint of red on my lips.

Products used:
  •         Rimmel Fix & Perfect face primer
  •          Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation, shade 55
  •          Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, True Ivory
  •          Essence Fix & Matte translucent loose powder
  •          Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing powder, 52
  •          Bourjois Little Round Pot eyeshadow in 05 Brun
  •         Sleek Oh So Special eye shadow pallete (I have swatched the colours I used on the picture)
  •          Barry M brown kohl pencil
  •          L’Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim liquid eyeliner in Intense black
  •          Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara
  •          Burt’s Bees Replenishing lip balm
  •          Rimmel Kate Matte lipstick, 107 

After applying my primer and foundation with a Real Techniques buffing brush, I put on concealer to cover up some blemishes I had and also to hide my undereye circles. I also used it to highlight the bridge of my nose and my forehead and then I set everything with the translucent powder. Using my bronzer I lightly contoured my face and then moved on to my eyes.

I applied the Bourjois eye shadow all over my lid, used my bronzer as a crease colour and lined my eyes with the liquid liner. On my lower lash line I used the three shimmery shades from my Sleek palette. The dark brown one I put in the outer third, in the middle I put the rose gold one and in the inner third I put the gold one. What I love about the gold shimmery shadow is that it actually changes its colour depending on the light – it goes from lavender to gold and that gives a lot of dimension to my eyes.  After that I lined my lower and upper waterline with my kohl pencil, curled my lashes and put on a few coats of mascara. Finally, I on my lips I mixed my lip balm with my matte red lipstick by Rimmel to get a very soft and subtle berry lip.

I really like the way this make up look turned out and I will definitely be using more shimmer on my eyes from now on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment