Monday 10 March 2014

REVIEW: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon

After many trips to Boots and a big line of lipstick swatches on my hand and arm, I finally got myself the perfect Revlon Lip Butter for me. Now I am wondering why I didn’t get this sooner.





I can only describe this as the perfect 3-in-1 product. It moisturizes my lips like a balm, has a very nice pigmented colour like a lipstick and a very nice shine like a lip gloss, except that it’s not sticky and no hair gets stuck on it while you’re speaking.  I chose Wild Watermelon because it’s a beautiful shade of red that I can easily wear daily. Unlike my other red lip products, this one is extremely easy to apply and I am not afraid that it will get all over my face if I am in a rush or don’t have a mirror in front of me. I also noticed that it lasted pretty long time on my lips without needing to reapply. I rarely come across something that would stay over three hours even when I’ve been eating or drinking.

Since spring is coming and hopefully so are the sunny days, I can see myself wearing this with minimal make up on my eyes; maybe just a sweep of shimmery gold or nude shadow all over the lid or just a thin line of liquid eyeliner and a generous coat of mascara. The lip butter is quite buildable, which means that if you would like to wear it at nighttime with darker eye make-up, it can still be your go-to product.

So far I am very happy with the lip butter and I even plan on purchasing at least two more colours. Have you tried this product? What do you think about it? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment