Tuesday 1 April 2014

TUTORIAL: Colourful Eyes

It may be only the beginning of spring here in London, but in my mind it is already time for the beach. That would be the only logical reason why I decided to use these colours on my eyes. It is definitely something I hadn’t tried in quite some time, but I think it turned out quite well!




Products used:
  •          L’Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream, Light to Medium Skin
  •          Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation, shade 54
  •          Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, True Ivory
  •          Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Fair
  •          Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Translucent
  •          Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing powder, 52
  •          Natural Collection blush, Dusky Pink
  •          Urban Decay Primer Potion, Eden
  •          Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold and Metallic Pomegranate
  •          Mod’s Hair Palette (colours used shown below)
  •          Rimmel Glam Eyes Eye Shadow Quad, Bold Behaviour
  •          Oriflame eye pencil in electric blue
  •          L’Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim
  •          Barry M brown kohl pencil
  •          Maybelline The Rocket Mascara
  •          Burt’s Bees Replenishing lip balm
  •          L’Oreal Collection PrivĂ©e Lipstick, Julianne’s Nude
  •          Model Co lip gloss, Striptease


After moisturizing my face, I primed my eyelids and applied the Pink Gold Colour Tattoo all over my lid and Metallic Pomegranate on the lower lash line. From the Mod’s Hair palette, I patted on Shade 1 on top of the Pink Gold, focusing mainly on the centre and outer part. Mixing Shade 2 and 3, I applied them on my outer corner and with a clean brush I blended them out into the crease. If you would like a more intensified look, take either one of those shadows and gently pat it in the crease and outer edge of the eye, but make sure to keep blending so that there are no harsh lines. On a smaller blending brush dust a little bit of your bronzer to your crease to get a more natural finish to your smoky eye.

Taking the electric blue shadow, apply it to your inner corner and blend with the purple. Line the inner part of your lower lash line with the pencil in the same colour and. If you feel like it’s going to smudge or you want a more intense look, pat the shadow on top of the pencil. Using Shade 1 from the Mod’s Hair palette line the centre and with shades 2 and 3 line the outer edge of the lower lash line, blending the colours into each other to get a gradient effect. Line the upper lash line with a thin liquid eye liner and move on to the face.

I primed my face with the Blur cream and let it set for a couple of minutes before applying my foundation. Using the Lasting Perfection concealer I got rid of my dark circles and with the Wake Me up I covered up all my blemishes and scars. I set everything with the pressed powder and lightly applied bronzer and blush. I went back to my eyes and put a generous coat of mascara. I finished up by using the Julianne’s Nude lipstick paired up with Models Co. lip gloss, which is my new favourite
combination ever.




Let me know if you liked this look and definitely show me if you tried to recreate it!



No comments:

Post a Comment