Wednesday 16 April 2014

Why Are You So Expensive?

A few weeks ago I had my audition with Benefit Cosmetics (unfortunately didn’t get the job) at Debenham’s in White City. I arrived quite early and had some free time on my hands which I used to walk round and learn my way round the shop to avoid getting lost later. However, temptation got the best of me and I did take a look at what the other counters had to offer, and of course that inspired me to make another high end beauty wishlist. 

Beauty Wishlist April


(Click on the pictureto find links to all the products mentioned.)

  •          Benefit You Rebel/ You Rebel Lite Tinted Moisturizer: I wore this during my audition and I absolutely fell in love with it! It felt so light, smooth and skily on my skin; it didn’t look patchy or make my T-zone shiny throughout the day (I didn’t put any powder to set it). I needed the tiniest amount to cover my whole face, so it would last for a very long time, making it worth the money. It has SPF 15, which protects; aloe extract, which soothes; vitamin A, which has anti-ageing functions and vitamin E, which keeps the free radicals away from your skin. You Rebel really is an amazing product!
  •          Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip gloss in Streak: I haven’t tried any of the Urban Decay lip glosses, but after reading so many reviews on them and seeing them in person, I definitely want to! Usually, I am not a lip gloss person, but these are supposed to be creamy and not sticky at all, which got my interest.  The colour Streak would look beautiful worn with both dark and neutral eye looks, making it a make-up bag essential.
  •     Estée Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinsher: This product claims to dramatically refinish skin’s look and texture by getting rid of flakiness and dry patches. It is also supposed to instantly reduce pores by 1/3 and as someone who has a lot of trouble with that, I was really intrigued.
  •          Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmer Brick: If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you would probably know how much I love affordable dupes of high end brands. I know that Revlon does a great alternative for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick (which is on offer in Boots at the moment, if any of you are interested), but I just can’t help but want to try the original! Spring and summer are coming, which means a lot of sunny days, so this would be the perfect all-in-one cheek product. It would save me those precious two minutes that take me to apply bronzer, blush and highlighter, but still give me a beautiful glow.
  •          Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette: This is just beautiful! Who doesn’t love a neutral palette? It has 16 absolutely beautiful colours that give you so many options, that I get overwhelmed just thinking about it. It is a little bit too expensive for my liking, although there are four more eye shadows than the Naked palettes, which is an advantage. The packaging is also quite unique and it would definitely be a nice addition to my make-up collection.
  •        Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil: Even though this is not sold at Debenham’s, I thought I’d include it anyway. Lately I have been really into defining my brows, rather than just lightly filling them in, and since this product is so hyped up, I can’t help but want to try it.


Have you tried any of these products? What are some of the items on your wishlist? Let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment